Embassy ExpoComic Trace Effects Competition
Would you like to win an iPad?
Or a free class on designing robots, drawing comics or making movies?
Even better, they win these prizes by playing a video game!
This video game, called Trace Effects, was designed by the U.S. State Department to teach students how to learn English (for more information on Trace Effects, see attachment). So feel free to let them play it in the classroom!
Here‘s how students can participate in this prize contest:
Duration of Contest: December 8-12, 2014
Winners Announced: December 12, 2014 at 3 p.m. on U.S. Embassy Madrid Facebook page https://es-es.facebook.com/madrid.usembassy
Age Groups: 10-12, 13-15, 16-18
Instructions to Play:
- Students visit Trace Effects video game athttp://americanenglish.state.gov/trace-effects
- If you are a new user, click “Create an Account”
- You will enter an email address, username and password to create an account
- After sign in, click on “Chapter 1.” Watch the introduction video to understand the game
- Begin playing the game following instructions prompted by the main character
- When you think you have reached your highest score, take a screen shot of the entire screen including your username and the total score, which can be found in the upper right hand corner
- Email the screen shot to your teacher