Cesare Cata, who teaches at a secondary school in the central eastern region of Le Marche, listed 15 things for his students to accomplish this summer.
This teacher's "Homework for the summer of 2015" lists the following, translated from Italian (I hope you enjoy it, and I would add to this list a number 16 "share this list"):
1. In the morning, at times, walk along the seashore alone. Look at how the sun reflects off the water, thinking about the things you love most in life and feel happy.
2. Try using all the new words you learned this year: You can say more things, you can think more things and the more you can think, the freer you’ll feel.
3. Read, as much as possible. Not because you have to. Read because the summer inspires you adventure and dreams. Reading you’ll feel similar to birds in flight. Read because it is the best form of rebellion.
4. Avoid all things, situations and persons that make you feel negative and empty. Look for stimulating situations and of friends who appreciate and understand you for who you are.
5. If you feel sad or scared, do not worry. The summer, like all great things, puts the soul in harmony. Try keeping a diary where you can write about your feelings.
6. Dance – without feeling ashamed. On the street near your home or in your bedroom. The summer is a dance. It would be a shame not to be a part of it.
7. At least once, got see a sunrise. Stand there in silence and breathe. Close your eyes, grateful.
8. Play a lot of sports.
9. If you see a person near you in life, bestow on them your gratitude. No matter if he or she understands. If they don’t reciprocate, then he/she was not meant to be part of your destiny. Otherwise, the summer of 2015 is a great time to walk together.
10. Remember what you learned in school and refer to your notes.
11. Be happy like the sun, untamed like the sea.
12. Don’t utter curse words. Always be polite and gentle.
13. Watch movies with dialogue that is poignant, particularly in English. This will help you improve your language skills and your chance to dream. Don’t let the movie end with the credits. Live the experience all summer.
14. During the daylight or at night, dream about what your life may be like. During the summer, summon the strength not to give up and do everything you can to pursue that dream.
15. Be good.