domingo, 8 de marzo de 2020

ACTIVITY 2: SELF-PORTRAIT "COLLAGE"


ACTIVITY/TAREA 2: SELF-PORTRAIT "COLLAGE"


The AIM or idea of this activity is:  Describe yourself  (things that you like or dislike, your personality) visually using the technique of the collage. I know a lot of you do not have magazines at home now. You do not need them, you can use toilet paper and paint it, or just colour papers, and your own drawings and lettering. 


SELF PORTRAIT USING THE TECHNIQUE OF COLLAGE



HISTORY OF THE COLLAGE



5 COLLAGE ARTISTS IN 5 MINUTES




 WHAT IS A COLLAGE? AND A PHOTOMONTAGE?






UNDERSTANDING COLLAGE





EXPLORING YOUR IDENTITY 
(Information and images from the blog www.plastinglish.blogspot.com)

Making a self-portrait is a great way to express and explore your identity.

1st of ESO: Exploring

The idea is to do the silhouettes of your head and fill in your head with a images of what is going in your brain, what you prefer, what you are fond of...  You can also extend the images to the outside the silhouette. And add lettering. 

Ideas to get you started: clothes, music, words, sports, food, people you admire, singers, actors...


INSTRUCTIONS

1st STEP: Trace your head on two papers (using the window), one could be a normal white paper and the other a black or colour cardboard.

2nd STEP: Fill in the head shape with images in one of the papers. 

3rd STEP: The second shape will be the template of the final frame of your self-portrait, so, you will have to cut out the inside part. Let's do it.







Profile Collage Mixed Media by Maya M





Side Profile Collage - chantalart



Profile Collages | Arte terapia, Arte, Siluetas


OTHER IDEAS IF YOU PREFER TO DO A 

PHOTOMONTAGE: 


You can also create a collage illustration or photomontage using your self-portrait picture:

The folio society. Man 10
Nena Dodic
 If you are too shy to show your face, 
you can modify your photo:

Meet Jack, handmade collage by Studiokoten, 2015



Students

EXAMPLE OF A SELF EVALUATION 
AND DESCRIPTION OF YOUR WORK OF ART:
"Hi teacher,
This is the description of my work and my evaluation. I think I am being honest: 
At the start I needed help from my mom to do the profile of my face. Then I worked on the images that best described me and my hobbies. I used the following images in the collage:
- Fire, to describe my passion in everything I do.
- A beautiful landscape, because we are part of nature, and I love it. 
- A wolf pack, because the way wolfs take care of each other, shows the power and strength of the community. 
- Portraits of women artists, because their lives inspire me. 
I organized all those images in the shape of my profile, like you indicated. And I added the words LOVE, HEALTH AND STRENGTH in the background, because I think it is what we need right now. 
 I am very happy with the result. I think I have done a good job, because I followed the instructions. It also has a good presentation (clean and tidy) a good composition (distribution of the elements of the drawing in the space of the paper), and I really enjoyed doing it. I think my work does not deserve less than a 9."